Friday, August 21, 2009

Picarones!


Leora, a Fogarty from NYC, is trying her first picarone "pee-ka-ro-nay".

The food in Lima is fantastic! I did get a little sick last week but I am over it and back to eating all the comida peruano that I can find. My favorites are the postres (desserts), including arroz con leche, churrios (filled with wonderful creams - see below), tres leche, and picarones. Here's a video outside the Monasterio de San Francisco where we saw the catacombs. We explored El Centro de Lima and ate some more delicious picarones (basically a funnel cake dough but made with sweet potatoes and fried in a ring-shape served with honey).





My friends Miranda and Jenni have been keeping an excellent blog about our trip in Peru and have lots more about the delicious food here with photos! Check it out: Pinas Peruanas.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Great video of how Picarones are made. These treats are truly delicious!

    ReplyDelete