Saturday, August 29, 2009

Paragliding in Miraflores

The classic view 5 blocks from my apartment of Larcomar (the big shopping mall in the cliff) in Miraflores with a nice view of the neighborhoods, Barranco and Chorillos, along the ocean.

The weather today was wonderful and sunny with a cool breeze off the ocean. There were lots of paragliders and surfers and it reminded me why I love it here. It's amazing how sunny weather can change your mood!



Eliot Brown, a friend of mine from Macalester, stayed with me for a few nights. It was fun to have my first visitor in Peru and we discovered the airmattress had a small leak so I'll have that fixed for the next person who comes, don't worry. We played ultimate frisbee at the US Embassy and ate delicious cerviche (raw fish and seafood marinated in lime with some picante) and tacus tacus (beans, rice, and lots of seafood) and drank chicha morrado (delicious juice made of blue/purple corn), mmmm. Ciao Eliot!

My Lima half marathon is tomorrow morning and I'm not quite ready, oh well. The weather should be perfect - 60s and overcast. My friends Beto and Kara are running with me and I'll post photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment