Sunday, August 02, 2009

The adventure begins!

Well we arrived in Lima. Unfortunately, our luggage from Seattle did not. Thank gooodness we were traveling with the Peruvians or I would have broken down at 5am in the airport, balling, when my luggage did not show up on the carosel and hardly anyone spoke English. Welcome to PERU! It looks like Seattle in December - chilly and a light rain. The ocean looks great for surfing but the driver said it's very cold! I guess it's the ocean.
Anyway, a few hours of hassling at the airport and being flexible was essential today. I just woke up from a nap at my friend Miranda's, since that's where our luggage will be mailed - tomorrow! Now we get to go shopping! Luckily, my luggage was overweight and I had to carry-on/drag around a couple airports my stupid, heavy (25 lbs), big blue laundry bag (with clean clothes)! Yeah, the adventure begins!

1 comment:

  1. Bags didn't arrive as expected? Something happened that didn't go as planned? You know what the definition of an adventure is? A trip that doesn't go as planned. So I guess your Peruvian adventure has really begun. Love always,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete