Sunday, February 19, 2006

In a nutshell

Ok so the good and then the bad...

GOOD: Went to short track speedskating, front row, talked to US short track skater JP´s mom and said hi to Apollo Ohno, met the US figure skating pair and the US ice dancing chick and two US short track olympians

BAD: Got on the bus to go back to the hotel and was chatting when I heard my purse zipper open and before I knew it my camera was gone

GOOD: I had switched my 256 MB memory card to a small one 10 photos before so I didn´t lose much

BAD: While filing a report with the Torino police, I missed my train to Milan

GOOD: I met some business people who graduated from Notre Dame and were working with AT&T and bought me a few Jack and coke´s because they felt sorry for me and let me stay in their companies extra hotel room since I was homeless

BAD: Missed another A.M. train to Milan since I stayed up half the night

GOOD: Caught the next train to Milan, then the train to Brig, Switzerland, then the Matterhorn Express train to Zermatt, Switzerland.

BAD: White out conditions for two days

GOOD: Amazing snowboarding in the number one place in all of Europe!!!! One run was over 13 kms, or like 8 miles!

BAD: EXPENSIVE!!! Threw off the budget a bit!

GOOD: Apres Ski!!!!! Little restaurants and bars with live music inside and a DJ and fire pits on the patio, cheap drinks, and lots of fun. I met the nicest couple from San Fran, the only other Americans in the packed house, who were writing the trip off for business and, once again, bought all the drinks. Why don´t I get trips paid for?

BAD: Putting on the boots, gloves, and board three hours later.... haha that was fun!

GOOD: The blue sky that appeared out of nowhere when it was a total white-out on my LAST run of the day. Then, suddenly, to my left was the beautiful, towering, massive, pyramidal KLEIN MATTERHORN rising above all the other mountains while I slalomed for a half hour to the little alpine village of Zermatt, just in time for my train to Berlin, Germany.

BAD: Night trains

GOOD: Seeing my Macalester roommate Eric Kelsey in Berlin and hanging out in an awesome city for the next week.

Love you all! Keep in touch

Katie

PS there wont be any new photos for a while for obvious reasons. I did buy some cheap cameras so i wont be pictureless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment