Friday, April 16, 2010

The best surprise!

The story
On Thursday night I was out for sushi with a few friends and got back to my apartment in Lima around 11 and was sitting at my dining room table when the doorbell rang around midnight. That's quite unusual especially considering visitors usually have to buzz the front door to get let in. Anyway, I hesitantly opened the door to see who this sly guy was (he was covering the peep hole too) and it was Seth!! I screamed "Oh my God!" and jumped on him. I was so surprised to see him and I after a few minutes of kissing and being in total shock I asked him, "What are you doing here?" and he got down on one knee and asked, "Will you marry me?" and showed me this little black box with a sparkling diamond ring. "Of course...YES!!" I replied, nearly in tears.

Katie and Seth on a three-way skype call with my parents, sister and cousins (who were all in on the surprise) at 1 A.M.


Katie and Seth shortly after he popped the question.

My friend Miranda had helped arrange the whole thing and it was a wonderful surprise! Miranda, Seth and I celebrated with a delicious ceviche lunch at the famous Chez Wong's.


Katie still very much in shock and very happy eating delicious ceviche at Wong's.

Miranda and I at Wong's.

Later, some of my friends here threw us a mini-party last night with balloons and streamers and silly string. Then we drank lots of bottles of champagne, ate cake, and went salsa dancing. It was great! Today, my friends from med school, Margot and her husband Aric, and Seth and I went swimming with the sea lions.

It has been a wonderful engagement "vacation" and I'll be very sad to see Seth leave tomorrow. The ring is absolutely perfect in every way and the proposal was the most memorable way I could possibly imagine.

More photos and wedding details to come...

4 comments:

  1. we are so happy for both of you. I'm glad you two found each other. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! thanks for obliging me katie! such a great story. You are GLOWING in those photos! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo great. Congrats to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie,
    We are ecstatic for you guys! We really couldn't be happier! Can't wait to celebrate when you get back.

    Leela, Marty and Lily

    ReplyDelete