Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Spoiled

We are staying in the University of Washington - Seattle dorms and it's quite a different environment from the extravagant DoubleTree Bethesda that we were used to. I miss the penthouse workout room and rooftop pool, the warm cookies and instant room service, flat screen television, large beds with 6 pillows, and nice, clean showers. I forgot what it's like to live and eat in a dorm. I'm sharing a tiny room that has a window that won't open and has no blinds to keep out the sun at 6am, two "closets", paper thin walls, and a shared bathroom for 8+ people that has one toilet, one urinal and ONLY one shower! Unlike soccer camps when I was young, I didn't bring my fan, pillow, clothes line or hangers, hair dryer, shower sandals and tote. Despite feeling prepared to move to an apartment in a foreign country in less than two weeks, I feel completely unprepared for dorm living! Not to mention I still haven't caught up on sleep on my three inch thick, extra-long twin mattress. I can't wait to go to Vancouver this weekend with my boyfriend Seth and see my old friends, Lauren and Jon!

1 comment: