Monday, April 03, 2006

Home sweet home

I tried to update this earlier but it was lost in cyber space and I couldn't be bothered re-writing it until now.

I'm home. I have 40 euros in my purse and small scars on my hand and face.

Culture shock wasn't too bad except I think I'm going insane driving 300+ miles per week in my car, alone. I hate SUVs, vans, trucks, gas stations, pot holes, and parking meters. The number of strangers that I interacted with either by eye contact or smiling or a quick chat has diminished dramatically. There are days where I sit at home and don't see anyone except my dog, family and the security guard at work. Sad.

I'm trying to find a subletter to rent my room until the end of August because it's expensive and I'm pretty much broke. I still am waiting to get off the alternate list from Mayo Medical School but right now I think I'll go to the U of MN in the fall. Right now I'm working the night shift at Children's Hospital while writing my honors thesis on mitral regurgitation. Not fun!

So far I am drama free. Not much ex-bf and his ex-gf drama -thankfully. I've stayed away from the campus parties and I am enjoying big breakfasts and hottubin with my old roommates and new best friends. Life is good.

Now I'm planning my next trip: Africa. www.nytimes/marketing/winatrip

Graduation is around the corner: May 13! Whoohoo!

Thanks for reading, keep in touch

No comments:

Post a Comment