Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Superfast ferry to Italy

I am sitting at an internet cafe with a couple guys from Purdue, Adam and Cris. We are recovering from our great night on the Superfast ferry from Patras, Greece to Bari, Italy (eight and a third bottles of wine gone within 2 hours of leaving the port but it made it really comfortable to sleep on the floor of the lounge because we were too cheap to buy an airseat or a cabin bed). It is fantastic! Cara I have a story for you...

I am off to Pompeii to see more ruins and then we are going up to Rome. I am relieved to be in a country with a reasonably easy to understand language (well it is similar to French - thank goodness i took eight years). I love hearing overhead messages on airplanes, trains, and ferries that are probably important but they only speak in Greek, or Turkish, or Dutch. Isn't English the common language? Then why don't they say the message in English. Oh well, as long as I know what time to get off. The internet is expensive (1 euro for 15 minutes),

Ciao!
Katie

Pictures of Turkey and Greece on Kodak Gallery

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=z6muajd.96906zf5&x=1&y =-hmd981

No comments:

Post a Comment